Like its name-sake in Alexandria, Egypt, the ancient home of the world's most famous library. Alexandria West seeks to make available the world's ancient and modern wisdom literature for the benefit of students of the perennial wisdom traditions. More specifically, Alexandria West strives to foster:
- An awareness of the world's perennial wisdom traditions.
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- Respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every human being, and the commitment to live by the principles of compassion, justice and wisdom in human relations.
To achieve these purposes Alexandria West is committed to the development of resources such as:
- A library and special collections of materials relating to The Universal Wisdom Tradition.
- Teaching and study materials.
- Study groups, workshops, seminars and field trips.
- Publication of materials and books dedicated to exploring the world's wisdom traditions and their relevance to our lives today.